Glucose test fail

Il

So I just got a call back from my dr office saying I didn’t pass the glucose test and that I have gestational diabetes. Mine was a little different than most of the other tests I’ve read on this app. I did a 2 hour one meaning they drew my blood before taking the drink and then I had 5 mins to finish the drink once I was done drinking it they give me a certain time. So let’s say 9:30 I took the drink. An hour after the drink at 10:30 they drew my blood and then an hour after that again for the last time at 11:30. All of my blood sugar levels were actually normal EXCEPT my fasting blood sugar. Which if I remember correctly the medical assistant said normal is anything under 90 and mine came back at 100. Again I ONLY failed the fasting blood sugar. Mind you I was so dehydrated I had not drank any water since the night before at 8 pm. I was so dehydrated they had a hard time finding my veins. I was told not to drink anything or eat anything 8 hours prior to testing. I assumed they meant water was restricted too because my paper didn’t even say “water is ok” I insisted and told the medical assistant I wanted to retake it. I will go in next week to retake it. I hardly eat sugar or sugary drinks or breads, i did have a muffin and some tapioca the night before my test because we had gone to souplantation to eat. So I guess me not drinking water to flush everything out kinda screwed me over. I randomly picked that day to take the test because that was the last day my daughter would be in school and i would rather go and sit in the lab for 2 hours without her.

I wanted to get your opinions on this. Did my dehydration cause me to fail? I’m thinking it did, my previous pregnancy I didn’t have it and I know each pregnancy is different. I just think it’s weird how I only failed the fasting blood sugar but not the others, apparently if you fail one it’s still considered GD. Thoughts please