Birth story 💙

Taylor

My 37 weeker arrived June 11th, 2018 at 3:25 pm

7lbs 5oz

My husband and I were in Walmart and my BP was slightly raised at my 36 week appt and while in walmart I just felt off. Decided to check my BP with their machine and it was 183/96 and we decided to go home grab our stuff just incase and went to L&D; to be checked.

Arrived to L&D; at 7:30 pm and by 8:15 I was being admitted and it was decided I would be induced that night.

At 10pm they inserted a Cervidil, around 2am I went to sleep.

Woke up around 5am with some contractions nothing to painful, got up to pee at 7:30am and the cervidal came out while using the bathroom. So they went ahead and checked me and I had progressed to 3cm from 1cm.

I was contracting every 2-3cm on my own from there so waited for doctor to come in and break my water.

At 1:11pm my doctor broke my water and contractions got more intense and were at every 1-2 mins. They decided to go ahead and start pitocin since I was only progressed to 4cm.

At 2:15pm contractions were pretty intense so I got epidural.

Contractions got so intense I was in so much pain and it felt like they were coming back to back.

Only my right leg got a little numb, my husband went to tell them they needed to redo it when I started feeling EXTREME amounts of pressure.

The nurse came in and started yelling not to push and paged doc and called in another nurse.

One minute later at 3:25pm my son was born, my body did all the work itself and pushed him out on its own. The nurse was so surprised she delivered him and I was so surprised I survived labor with feeling everything.

Our bodies are incredible! 💙