Unhealthy Relationship

Isabel • Hebrew 13:5
I was in a relationship for 1 year and five months and just broke it off because I felt like it was te to let go and stop hurting. I was 17 and he was 23, I adored him, guys before never got as close and I let him. In the beginning he couldn't stop loving up on me and it slowly started to stop and the relationship was based on disrespect and humility,that it hurt me mentally and cause my health to decline. We had sex and I loved it but it slowly turned into sex just for him like a quickie. Well he started calling me "bitch"and "hoe" and other derogatory names. Then started posting that he was single on his social media, he admitted to cheating on me but I always appreciated his honesty bc I didn't have to ask him. But even from the very beginning he never was able to show me his phone and discuss things about himself with me. I Constantly was on and off with him for a year and I just decided to end it and now I'm 19... 
My health is still suffering, I was diagnosed with severe anemia and was malnutritioned because of depression and not eating and my hair used to be thick and wld always glow. Now I barely have any hair now... It's so thin I cry because my hair is gone and people started to notice.... I lost his baby because of too much stress and when I told him I was pregnant he had told me to drink so I could lose it but I didn't. When I did lose it he was thankful that he wasn't put on child support... 
Now I've met this new guy that I want to trust, he my age... I'm taking it slow, and it's really different. I haven't told him about my ex but I'll just wait to see if it gets serious, because he is very sensitive . 
I just asking if I did the right thing... I felt like I did but I miss my ex so much.  I stopped all communication with him for bout 2 months and I'm having a lot of weak moments.... Please share some opinions and advice.... Maybe some of ur expirences.