What I wish I knew About being +&Pregnant!
Hello beautiful ladies,
I wanted to take a quick moment to tell you a few things I learned (and wish I had known) during my pregnancy as a very plus size woman.
1. If you are over 300 lbs, YES you can have a natural childbirth. I had a perfectly normal vaginal delivery with zero complications.
2. Do not stay with an OB-GYN who ridicules you for your weight. You’re already pregnant, and it’s too late for a lecture on this subject. Your body is sill amazing and capable of bringing a healthy child into this world.
3. Gestational diabetes is not the end of the world. I had it, and have never had high sugars before. It is due to the placenta. Anyone who tells you it’s only due to your weight is incorrect.
4. Your baby bump will show at some point. It totally depends on your structure. Mine did not start to show until I was past 34 weeks.
5. You are not any less of a person because you are plus size. You are strong. You are creating another person. You are amazing.
I wish all of you gorgeous mommas a complication-free pregnancy!