Brothers don’t get it

Ashlyn

So I just started my period today (literally an hour ago) and so for me, my pain and crankiness is at the most. I come home from a crappy day at work and my family had eaten all of dinner and surprised me with telling me we are going directly to my sisters house and going swimming. For everyone reading, you know that first day of period and swimming does not work AT ALL. So I told my family that I wanted to stay home because I was tired and had a lot of work to get done. Then my brother steps in and says why? Now I don’t know about the rest of you out there but I don’t like discussing my period with my brother and I’m sure he doesn’t want to hear that. So, I told him that I was tired and had a hard day at work. Then, he says “that doesn’t excuse anything.” So, period me starts talking defensively which is reasonable. Then he starts talking crap to me and says “When you’re cranky, I’m going to give you more shit.” I wish that my brother could feel the cramps and the fatigue I feel from all this and maybe then he’ll shut his mouth. Anyone else have issues with brothers and periods?