Family announcing my pregnancy.

Megan

How should I address my boyfriend aunt? I’m very close with his family, and she was one of the first to know I was pregnant. I had an emotional breakdown and told her. But we told her not to tell anyone, as we planned to tell them ourselves when I was further along. I was 5ish weeks at the time, I’m now 12.5.

She texted me three weeks ago asking if she could tell her sister because she was dying to, I told her no and that we would get over there soon.

Well we go over to a graduation party last weekend, planning to tell the handful of people who still didn’t know. We had told everyone personally so we knew exactly who we hadn’t told. Turns out she had told her sister after I’d asked her not to twice, as well as two of her daughters. I’m just pissed like the more I think about it, the more upset I get. My pregnancy is not your daily gossip.

However, I want to address her carefully because she was going through a miscarriage a couple weeks before she found out about my pregnancy, and her daughter told me that she just wanted something good to talk about. BUT. It’s not her place, she took away our chance to tell family ourselves and I can’t get over that