Complications

Brittany • CXJK 12-7-18 🥰

My sweet little boy was diagnosed with echogenic bowel at 14 weeks. I was told to come back in two weeks to see if it resolved and I finally gave my appointment tomorrow. And I’m worried. I know what the causes are (can be early bleeding or placenta problems, T21, CF, CMV, Toxo, IUGR, or just an immature bowel) and my chance of everything being just fine (65-85%) I have since done everything under the sun to figure out WTF do I do from here? I took the Harmony test and came back 0.01% for DS (great news) and I am not a CF carrier. So... this leaves me to a few options: requesting the TORCH screen, getting amniocentesis, or riding it out. It’s possible that if it is an immature bowel it could be okay at the scan tomorrow... even the doctor said so. And this was pretty early on (14 weeks) so it very well could be. However I’m scoring 2-3 which means that the bowel is as bright as the bone. I have become very anxious and depressed and I just don’t feel good about my pregnancy anymore. It’s something I will bring up tomorrow. I’m scared as hell. It’s a very rare thing (0.2-1.8% of pregnancies even show it) and Dr Google does NOT help in any way. Anyway send good vibes/prayers for my boy, this is difficult and scary.

I have included a scan picture so you’ll know what it looks like. Fingers crossed it resolves by tomorrow.