My first iud

Lj

So I’ve always had problems with birth control.

Needle: made my period last for months

Pill: made my mood change and made me sleep all day

Patch: I’m allergic to latex

For months I’ve been thinking about getting the iud and asking my friends who have it. Today I went to the doctor and decided to just do it.

So I talked to the doc about it and 5 mins later I did a preg-test just to make sure I Wyatt’s pullout game was strong. Which it is. (I don’t support unprotected sex. Before we even had sex we got ourselves checked)10 mins later I took ibuprofen sitting on a bed with a thin sheet covering me.

20 mins later the doc finally comes in and starts showing me the plastic thing that goes in me telling me it’s more humane than the other instrument. She goes on telling me everything that’s gonna happen and said it only takes 3 mins for her to put one in.

Now the show starts

I’m laying there with my legs apart and she tells me she’s gonna find my cervix. One hand on my abdomen and the other in me. Once she know where everything is she puts the plastic thing inside me. It didn’t hurt but the only problem is my cervix is tight so she tell me she can’t do it and there’s only one option: the inhumane option. She leaves and comes back with a plastic bag with long, silver, tongs or something. I prepared myself thinking it wasn’t gonna hurt but it FUCKING HURT(the entire time I was thinking to myself “giving birth is worse”). It didn’t take long but the pain made it feel like forever. The whole process took about 20 mins. I left the doctors office an hour and half later. After it was done i bled and had this pain and cramping for about 3 hours after. (It hurt to walk and sit so I just laid down until the pain left)

I’m happy i got it over with, now I don’t have to worry about getting pregnant.