I’m so heartbroken. 💔

Ashton • 👩🏻🧔🏽👼🏽 👶🏻 || Total Thyroidectomy || Benign Pituitary Tumor

My husband and I haven’t been aggressively trying to get pregnant but I’ve known for a couple years that I had some issues that could complicate my odds of pregnancy later. My hormones finally leveled out after surgery and playing with my dosage. It just balanced out this month, but in the last few months I’ve gained 50 pounds. I need to lose about 15 to be considered at a healthy weight. We haven’t told my family or even his that we are trying because we want that to be a surprise and didn’t want the added pressure. When my husband and I went to the dr together he said “I’m not going to tell you it’s impossible, BUT it would be very difficult for you to get pregnant with your levels.” I’m not worried about it because there is medication I can take to get it down and we would probably be ok. But, what hurt me is my family showed concern which I thought was sweet and I told them I was there for my levels- which I was. All my mom and grandmother could talk about what my weight. I told them it’s not the only issue. What’s more concerning to me was him saying it could lead to issues getting pregnant and my grandma just says straight up “Well you’re not trying so it doesn’t matter.” I snapped on her and I don’t regret it. It does matter and who is she to say when we are and are not trying? She has told me in the past couple months that we don’t need to try and if she were me, she’d use protection. BUT days later she told me (she is very baptist) that she hopes my sister (not married - big no for the baptist that she is) can have a few kids and that would be good for her. 🤔 NOW how is it ok for her to have kids and not us? I told my husband I’m too the point where I just don’t want to tell anyone when I do get pregnant and just play the whole thing down. Since they don’t care and they hate the idea so much. I really did not expect my family to be this way to me. My husband is so irritated and I’m just straight heartbroken. His family isn’t as bad but relatively the same. His mother tells us we need to wait but not too long. 🤷🏽‍♀️ k so let me know what’s a good time for you, mom in law. 🙄 and his sister is pregnant with her second and always runs the idea of kids into the ground. Every time her child acts up, “this is what you have to look forward to” & “you don’t want kids”. My husband joked before that we should wait til after she has kids because we don’t want to “steal her spotlight”. YAAAA as if she would wait to have kids just cause I was pregnant. Riiiiiiight. Cause they’re so considerate of us and our feelings. The whole thing is so frustrating and it’s not their business if and when we have a child. Why does family feel they have the right to tell you when you and your SO can or can’t start a family???