i need advice for losing my virginity

i’m 16 and my boyfriend is 17 and we have been talking about having sex. august 21st will make a year since we have been together. i don’t know if i’m ready though. he hasn’t pressured me or anything at all but we’ve done everything besides the real deal. i’ve been on the pill since march and just the fear of getting pregnant scares me. i’m a christian too and i know im going against my beliefs if i do lose my virginity before marriage but i do want to have sex with him. i want to wait until marriage but it’s hard. i want to share this with him because we both are virgins and i do believe we love each other enough to share this together. should i wait and be on the pill longer? if i do decide to do this, what do i expect? condoms will for sure be used. i’m really small compared to him, i’m 5,0 tall and maybe 110 pounds. he’s probably 5’10 and 180. he’s a pretty decent size down there but not huge. i want to enjoy it and have the safest sex possible also. i want it to be special if i do decide to do it soon. i’ll appreciate all the advice given :)