CRAMP RELIEF: GINGER WATER

Just realised I never posted about this on <a href="https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.glow.android.eve">Eve</a> but better late than never I guess! So what I've been doing for the past few years that has REALLY helped relieve cramps is drinking boiled ginger water. My mum used to blend chopped up ginger then mix a tablespoon of it with hot water for me to drink every morning, but now I just boil a pot of water with a handful of sliced pieces of ginger for about 10 minutes and drink a cup of that every morning. The key is to eat the ginger too, so the smaller and thinner the ginger pieces the easier it is. And I'd do this every month, every day starting a week before my period is due. If your period is irregular, you can just drink it every morning or maybe every second day and then on the day your period comes. I used to get horrible HORRIBLE cramps, so bad that I'd be vomiting from the pain and blacking out/fainting (I've fainted in public from it too 😶) and it would be the first and second day of my period every single month no matter what I did to help it. It was the only reason I ever missed days from school and I started my period when I was 9 and I'm a good few years older than that now so it was absolute hell for years and years! But since I've been doing this ginger thing, it's helped so much! I would only feel slight discomfort on the first day now and again but it's very rare and an absolute heaven compared to how I used to feel!

So a summary: You have to eat the ginger itself and the water that you drink has to be hot.

Hope this helps you and if you have any questions, let me know!