Gestational diabetes

Rachael
I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes at 30 weeks gestation (I'm currently 36 weeks now with twin boys) and have recently been placed on medication to control my blood sugar levels. I'm having a very difficult time keeping my blood sugar levels within normal ranges. Either I'm at 150s or I drop super low into the 50s. I'm beginning to feel very depressed about this situation because I'm constantly hungry but unable to eat what I want. Healthy, sugar free/carb free, food is very expensive and I honestly cannot afford it. While my children are eating sandwiches and pasta and cereal and fruit, I'm stuck eating nothing but meat and veggies for breakfast lunch and dinner. It doesn't fill me up and I'm always starving after a meal. I'm at the point of just giving up and eating what I want but I'm scared of the effects it would have on my twins. Has anyone experienced this? Any suggestions? I'm so tired of being prego...my belly is so big that I don't sleep anymore and can barely walk. I'm not obese and have gained the appropriate amount of weight for twins....and they are both measuring 6lbs. I have not had any complications whatsoever except for the diabetes.