Bacterial vaginosis

Ok so I’ve been struggling with bacterial vaginosis after I slept with a guy that was a “man slut”... everytime we had sex my vagina would smell like fish. I got a treatment from my doctor, but every month I have my period it comes back, but not as much as before but I can def smell something is strange. I’ve had a gynecologist check me and she said she could smell anything weird, but she gave me treatment anyway and it helped. With antibiotics it goes from a somewhat strange smell, to no smell at all, like nothing.

A guy once went down on my after I had taken meds and he said he had never gone down on a girl with such an amazing taste and no “vagina”smell and he looooved it... after that I’m sort of addicted to having no smell at all. Which is problematic since I feel like I get bacterial vaginosis everytime I have my period. In my fertile window there it’s sort of gone but then comes back.

I wonder is there any safer home remedies than coconut oil? I’ve found out after some months where I tought it helped that it’s just bs, it just takes away the smell for as long as the oil is there and then its back.

I’m scared of taking more antibiotics!

And no a vagina should not smell.