I need to veennnnt...

Makell

So I know a lot of people love seeing the relationship posts in which explain “I love to find a man who can handle my ___” but recently I’ve been seeing the posts using the word Bipolar loosely. I’ve become more offended because as a bipolar diagnosed woman myself, I dislike the fact of people misusing the meaning and diagnoses.

It’s a very hard condition to live with, because some times there is no kisses to up our mood or just because we don’t get attention for five seconds doesn’t make us sad because a lot of the time there is no tell-tell sign that our mood is to switch. No exact reason, and no exact cure unless we’re taking medication everyday of our life.

Bipolar is very hard to detect, especially in woman since it is most common in males since it’s easier to genetically get it from their/our fathers if it runs in the family. The fact that I see “oh I’m so bipolar” or “Damn, I must be bipolar” makes me super frustrated. It took me almost from 8 up until I was 15 years old to be diagnosed because my parents and my therapists had to be precise with me. It sucks having to go to therapy, and going to psychiatrists when you’re that young trust me.

All I’ve ever wanted was to be normal. To not have to constantly point out triggers, or to constantly apologize to my s/o for my changes in behavior. So please if you’re not diagnosed find a better word/s. Like mood swings, emotional rollercoaster, etc. Don’t use the illness loosely.