HELP?: IUD Removal + EC?

Alexis

I got my Mirena IUD inserted on 3/30/18. I've experienced unpleasant complications from it (constant spotting, weight gain, etc.) and I was concerned about my own fertility long-term. I decided that I'd rather just go back to my combination pill, so I had the IUD removed today (6/11/18). My doctor asked me when was the last time I had intercourse and I told her Monday (6/9/18). This is at the end of my monthly cycle when I still had the IUD still in place.

Since I was having it removed she advised that I pick up a Plan B when I go to pick up my BC prescription because sperm can live up to 5 days. However, I started bleeding today (even before the IUD removal) as though my period has started. My <a href="https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.glow.android.eve">period tracker</a> did say that my period would start today as well. At the moment, it's not nearly as heavy as my periods pre-IUD, but it's more than spotting for sure.

Should I get the EC or will I be fine without it? I do look forward to having a family in the future, just not quite yet.