Baby Shower Today

Reanna

So I posted 2 weeks ago that my 2 friends throwing me a shower had nothing planned and just thought sending an invite and getting people in one place was considered a baby shower(no games, some food, no favors, no decorations).

Whelp my wonderful MIL got involved bc she was appalled and helped the other 2 decorate and get ready.

Last night I spent 5 hours baking, and decorating cupcakes, putting together a game, finishing up the banner I made, and making pasta salad so I could help.

By the end of it my legs/ankles were BALLOONS, I’m having the worst RLP to date, and I can barely walk. I also went out and bought the 2 girls gift cards to their favorite restaurants with thank you cards. I still have balloons to buy today and bring with me.

The girl who’s house it’s being hosted at starts group texting us saying how damn tired she is and she hopes I appreciate all this and that she still has so much to do (like clean her house...?) :(

I told her I really do- she said I better like everything- I said I love everything and appreciate their hard work and effort! She stops responding when I say what I’m bringing tomorrow and if she needs more help (read it though).

This morning she’s giving one word responses to everything and being super salty- I’m just thinking to myself “I didn’t offer to throw this party, YOU wanted to. I’m sorry my MIL probably made you do more than you were planning to but that’s because she wanted her first DIL and grandchild to have a great shower! Why are you taking it out on me????”

Blah sorry I needed to vent. I really appreciate everything they did to get ready within the course of 4 days, but it isn’t my fault they did 0 prep and it made it more stressful for them.

I’m having really bad RLP and BH and my back is killing me and I’m just...ugh I dunno :(

Thanks for listening