Am I being selfish?

Long story short, my husband and I riding the struggle bus atm. Planning to move, job issues, money problems, you name it. Oh, and we're expecting our first baby in the fall. We're doing our best to remain positive, but if all our own problems aren't enough, my husband's good friend keeps sending messages threatening suicide. I'm all for reaching out to friends in need, but I can't help but feel like this guy is also crying out for attention. (He's a man child whose friends have all moved away, gotten married, had kids, etc. and now feels left behind) I love my husband for wanting and trying to help, and I don't want this guy to hurt himself. At the same time, my husband really doesn't need more of life's complications on his plate. I'm trying to be supportive, it's just really hard when I see my husband spreading himself so thin. I've struggled with depression and thoughts of suicide myself, so I know how much he hurting. I just wish he'd seek professional help instead of solely unloading onto someone who can't really help.