Moving on

I need help in deciding what to do. My ex and I were broken up for 9 months however we still saw each other, we were trying to be friends but still had sex with one another. We recently had a huge fight, a friend of his came from overseas & surprised him. He claims that when he saw her he’s never felt so happy before. They shared a kiss & it meant something to him. I got upset because only last week he snuck me into his house to have sex & had told me he still had some feelings for me. I feel used & taken advantage of. During our fight he said to me that deep down he always had feelings for her & would think about her. I feel so sick, it’s mentally & emotionally ruined me. He said he only said some stuff because he was angry but I feel like now when we were together it was all fake. We aren’t talking however I’m feeling like I’ve lost a huge part of me. I spoke to him every day, I just want to try & be friends with him but I think it’s going to take time. I’ve sent him a few messages & he’s seen them & not replied. Am I an idiot, what should I do?