“Obese” pregnancy blues....

Brianna

This is my first pregnancy, and while it was planned, was also unexpected. Due to my size and health and family history, I expected to have more difficulty conceiving. I feel so lucky that I have! Today was my first OB appointment and even though I got to see my baby and everything looks good... I’m feeling overwhelmed by shame and fear because I’ve got the “high risk” label. I know it’s just a way to take preventative measures and be safe, but it still feels really crappy reading those things about “obese” pregnancy. It makes me feel so different and not in a good way.

I’m usually pretty body positive, but with all the hormones and changes, that concept is hitting me really hard.

I feel like I’m already failing my baby for not having a better place for it to grow. My husband is trying to support me, but I feel like I need a community of my peers to help me feel better about it. Because right now I just feel alone and sad when I could be thrilled and happy that I saw my baby for the first time.

Because all I’m seeing is the label. And I hate that. Anyone have any good coping strategies or other supportive groups/communities?