I'm too complicated !

Jane

Long story but here goes. I am 40 and decided that this would be the year I try for my second child. I have several conditions. I have a blood clotting disorder, high blood pressure, and an autoimmune condition: undifferentiated mixed tissue disease. All my doctors wanted me to get a full workup so they send me to a reproductive endocrinologist. I do a bunch of tests one showed I only had 5 egg follicles ripening this cycle. Which is low.Doc wanted me to see the perinatologist for a consult which I had yesterday. She was straight forward and to the point gathering up my history. She said I was VERY high risk. Not her most risky of her patients but up there. She said that knowing the OBs in practice here in Miami she said that they would be unwilling to take me on as a patient and I would have to deliver at Jackson which is not only far but she also would not be able to work with me because she is not part of that health system and that coordination of care would be a nightmare. Two of my conditions were unknown during my first pregnancy which went well. I normally overthink everything but I am freaking out about the consequences for me and possible future baby. I had high blood pressure before I got pregnant last time and luckily did not get preeclampsia. I had a serious ugly cry this morning once everything sunk in. I want my second child but is the risk worth it. Everyone I know says think hard about it. But how can you plan with all the possible risks?