Rant: my daughter’s father is a wreck...shooting meth; no child support..spiraling out of control...heartbreaking

Ma

We’ve been divorced since she was 11 months and she’s 19 months now. Since our divorce (he was cheating on me with men at sex shops - raw; also with countless women; liar; drug addict with no recovery), he’s lost 2 jobs; gotten a felony drug case; living at home with his mom (at age 43); received a 10,000 severance check which he literally spent in less than a week and I didn’t see a dime from it. He never reported his job change so the attorney generals office wasn’t deducting $ for us.

His life is a wreck and I know he has to want help to get better 😩.

I married my father (metaphorically speaking) unfortunately and i never had a relationship with him. He dropped me off at my maternal grandmas house one day and said he’d be right back and then I didn’t see him for almost a decade ( I was 12 when he dropped me off). Before I made it to grandmas house - I survived on expired canned goods and almost failed 8th grade because nobody could take me to school (we lived way in the country and the bus didn’t come that far).

Anyways - I didn’t wanna repeat the cycle. All I know is I’ll always be here for my baby - regardless of what he is or isn’t doing.

My current husband thinks the world of her and takes care of us.

I just wanted her to have what I never did - a relationship with my biological father.

It was suppose to be his weekend but I could tell he sounded different and he admitted he’d been up for 3 days straight and I told him he was in no shape to care for her and he agreed. The scary part is he shoots it and I don’t want her to get ahold of a needle or any drugs - I just hope he remains amicable and honest about his ability (lack thereof) to take care of her.

I will get the courts involved - gahh this is ripping my heart into shreds - he was such a good daddy and she, of course, adores him.

Anyways thanks for reading if you’ve gotten this far.