Induced at 39 weeks Eileen’s birth story

viridiana

I was induced at 39 weeks exactly due to hyperemisis i went in at 9:00pm after 30 minutes we started the iv i was already contracting all day they checked my cervix which was still 1 1/2 cm dilated and 40% effaced so they put a pill that dissolves in the vagina to make contractions start and helps dilate they checked back in 4 hours around 2-3 still 1 1/2 cm but my cervix was softer and lower they decided to not start potocin yet since my contractions were coming fast and regularly they let me contract for 2 more hours and came back still 1 1/2 cm so they decided to put a balloon in to help me dilate to 4 at an 1 hour and 30 minutes past i was in so much pain at this point i asked for some medicine in my iv the nurse decided to check if I dilated sure enough i was at 4 already they started potocin at that point my contractions were on top of each other and getting worse i was still at 4 cm for a few hours so I decided to get an epidural I couldn’t stand it any more at this point i was in labor for 13 hours i got the epidural i napped for a bit until i felt like i was peeing my self around 5 pm the next day july 16 my water broke so they checked my cervix i was at 5 cm they checked back 1 hour later i was at 6 cm then they came back around 7:50 and i felt pressure like i had to push they chcked me sure enough i was at 10 but my doctor was not there so i had to wait for her to get there but I couldn’t we were practice pushing when she finally got there i pushed for 15 minutes when she finally came into this world weighing 8 pounds exactly and was 20 in long at 8:22 pm Eileen Adelyn ❤️❤️ i did not tear so i did not need stitches thankfully she was born on july 16