SCAMMED! HELP!

joanna

need some legal advice. if their is any lawyers or anyone with Criminal knowledge please help.

my first question is are you allowed to sue someone that scammed you? if so how should I go about it?

backstory: on Instagram i follow this celebrity hair stylist and he makes beautiful wigs and I'm starting a hair journey and i dont want to put heat in my hair anymore but i love my hair straight so I thought why not look for wigs. so on Tuesday, July 17th the hairstylist guy had his wigs on sale so me being me cant resist a good sale I found one I liked and I dm him asking was it still available. he replied saying yes and will I be able to purchase it today so I said yes and I payed him through PayPal at first he wanted to do cash app but it wouldnt work. so I payed 310 for the wig. he asked for my address and when I sent it I messed up and he corrected me and asked to send the address correct. I asked him when does he think it will arrive and he said 2-4 days so I said cool sounds good. so fast forward to Thursday I just so happen to be searching online so I see that alot of people saying he is a scammer and he scammed them out of money for wigs but never sent them. I cant believe he would be scamming people. so I came up with something to say to him. Friday I asked if he shipped the wig yet and if so can he send me the tracking number and he said he would send it after he leaves the post office, but he never sent it and now today is Saturday and I checked his Instagram he hasn't been on Instagram since we talked so idk if hes avoiding his Instagram right now.the other people said he usually blocks them after but he hasn't blocked me yet. so that's my story I know i shouldnt have bought it because it wasnt the smartest way to do it but the deed is done so please help me with any advice you have. thank you

(p.s) I have screenshots of everything if that will help)

Edit: these are some of the screenshots of our conversation. I just dont know what to believe because he keeps sending me messages but their always excuses and idk if it's because hes buying time or if he just really that booked up and behind on his shit. sorry if I sound gullible or like I'm going in circles I just dont know what to believe because I don't want to wait till it's too late but than also what if he really does send it I would feel bad. thanks for the advice.

Hey everyone thanks for all your responses. it is now Thursday the 26 and i have yet to receive the product and he has stopped replying do therefore i wrote this and I'm going to send it to him. any opinions on if I should change anything