I have really bad anxiety and depression, I’m finally going to the dr in 2 weeks.

I’ve held off so long going to the doctor for this. But since April 6th everything has gotten worse. Our friend died in a car wreck right in front of me and my boyfriend. It was a head on collision. I hated having to witness what I did. So I got good insurance through my work through a new company. So I made an appointment with a dr near me. I told her I wanted to get checked out for my anxiety and depression. I’ve tried EVERYTHING, remedies, otc stuff that could possibly help. But I really think I need medication that is prescribed to me. I’m getting to where I cannot sleep at night, I’m so stressed out about everything, I stay in bed more often now, I’ve lost interest in doing anything anymore and I hardly leave my house. I’m always in just a weird mood, it’s like I feel empty, like I’m always sad, nervous, scared. It’s so hard to explain, and especially driving.. That’s when my anxiety messes with me more now also cause I’m so scared of witnessing something again or something happening to someone I’m close to. I’ve always had mood swings but they’re getting worse now, I’m more irritable, then I’ll be okay, then I get a weird feeling and I’ll start crying. I hate feeling like this. Has anyone been seen for the type of anxiety I have? What kind of meds do they prescribe?