not buying my best friend a baby shower gift...

M💓 • Dog & cat mom 💞

hi ladies, so i need some advice 😒 my best friend is 34 weeks pregnant and is having her baby shower in a week. and honestly i don't want to buy her anything.

a little background on our friendship:

we have been friends for 8 years. her family is crazy, racist, and narcissistic. i have always been there for her when she needed money, rides, literally ANYTHING she needed I provided for her. i never had an issue because i know how bad her at home life is.

So now the problem, let me explain:

let's call her "Sally"

So in January sally find out she was pregnant at 6 1/2 weeks. Me, being her best friend, was the first person to know. she was only 19 at the time and was freaking out, obviously. She was dating a guy for about 7 months, he was black, and when her family found out she was pregnant her brother jumped her and she was kicked out of her house.

Without hesitation i went to her house, packed all her stuff, and brought her over to my house (my boyfriend and i live together).

We let her live here for free, i gave her my car to use so that she could work and get to doctors appointments, she had free food, and a huge room with her own bathroom. We even told her she can stay after the baby is here if she hasnt gotten a place of her own yet.

SO, 5 months in I realise she is never at work, literally never. She told me "hours were cut bc of pay reasons".

Still wanting to help her, i found her countless job opportunities, offered to make her resume for her (English is my strong point) and i found all government programs that i knew she would need, like insurance, food stamps, the whole 9 yards.

Weeks go by and she hasn't applied to any jobs, hasn't gotten her government shit done, I kept pushing her everyday to get it done because time was running up and she didnt.

Oh and while all of this is going on, she found out the child wasn't her boyfriend's, so he is out of the picture.

So now she is about 5 months pregnant, has no money, no job, and no gov. Help. She starts going out EVERY night at 1am and wouldn't come back until the next day. So on the 4th night of her being out, i ask her what the plan is for the baby and that we need to sit down and talk about everything that is going on.

And guess what? She gets MAD at me and tells me that, quote "living with you is unhealthy and I'm becoming depressed. I need to be someplace that isn't so stressful, and it's not cool that you never hangout with me. Im depressed all day sitting in my room alone. I'm sorry but im moving out of your house to live someplace more supportive"

YALL. i was fuming. I was hurt. I didn't even know how to respond other then saying "and how the fuck do you think life is going to be like with a child? I work all day so i can help pay for YOUR baby."

First off, I live DIRECTLY across the street from a park, it's 25 feet away, she could've went there, or maybe, idk, GET A FUCKING JOB!!

This was around 1:30am and she didn't come back to the house at all the next day. 4 days later i tell her to come get her stuff and she does while im at work.

To make everything 10X worse, i found out that she moved in with my own AUNT and cousin, whos 20, because shes friends with my cousin as well. AND they have planned on Sally moving in for 5 weeks before she actually did. So now my own family went behind my back.

They all had this planned yet i didn't know until 4 days AFTER she moved in with them. How fucked.

I have so many emotions running through me. I hate her, but she's still part of me bc we have been best friends for so long. I really haven't talked to her at all since, but yesterday she sent me an invitation to her baby shower, that BTW i had an entire shower planned out down to the guest list, but now i will be cancelling it all.

WHAT DO I DO?!😭😭 i don't even want to go....but i do....but i hate her...but she's my Best friend. I know this has definitely effected our friendship and i will not ever be as close to her as i used to be. But what do i do about the shower?? I have honestly done enough for her and wont out another penny into her. But i think about her little girl, and the guilt gets me. Fuck. Help please.

And i know i should OBVIOUSLY cut her off, i honestly already have. I see what kind of person she is now and i hate it. My heart just feels broken. I don't have any other friend's at all. She was my only friend. Please send advice :( thank you :((

now, July 22nd, she is due in a few weeks, has no money, no car, no job, and needs to be out of my aunts house by the time the baby is herr because my Aunt has 4 kids herself and two of them are under 6 :)) so why would i even want to buy her something right? or wrong? ugh