Does you baby settle themselves to sleep?

CruzaB

I’ve heard a lot about self settling/soothing but it seems impossible! My baby is 11 weeks old and exclusively breastfed. Currently she feeds to sleep for all sleeps unless she’s in the pram or car seat. If i put her down even slightly awake she won’t go to sleep. She won’t cry she will just grunt and talk for ages. She does always wake up a little bit when I first put her down even if she was fast asleep in my arms but she will talk for a minute then drift back to sleep in her bassinet. If I haven’t sat with her for 5-10 minutes after she falls asleep on me she will wake back up fully if I put her down. Anyway just wondering how people get their babies to fall asleep and if anyone can put their baby down awake in their sleep window and the baby goes down on their own? And by that I mean within 20 minutes or so of putting them down (and they don’t cry), because I’m sure mine would sleep eventually if I tried but I’ve left her talking for up to 35 mins with no luck! And that just cuts into the nap time and throws out our schedule. Currently she’s awake around 1.5 hrs before she gets fussy and I know her cues so I then have to put her in the pram or on the breast and settle her to sleep. Thoughts and comments appreciated!

Vote below to see results!