Please help

A.K.

I’ve asked family and friends and this hasn’t happened to anyone I know so I’m coming here to see if anyone has experienced this. I lost my mucus plug Thursday night and then had just little mucusy discharge until late Saturday night when I started contracting consistently and the discharge picked up and became brown tinged. I figured ok cool I’m in labor and went with it. So I contracted every 10 minutes for 2 hours and then every 5 minutes for 8 hours with more and more mucusy discharge. By Sunday morning the contractions were slowing down but I went to triage to see if the mucusy discharge had any amniotic fluid in it. They did several tests on it which all came back negative so I went home. Since then the contractions have just been here and there. I still continue to have the mucusy discharge and its yellow/brownish. Has anyone ever had a labor start for so long and then stop like that? I don’t think they were BH cause they were extremely consistent and so painful I sounded like a dying cow. Thanks in advance.