Is this normal?

My inlaws will pay for my husbands meals and things but not mine or our kids, after insisting on "treating" us. They'll say they bought "us" desserts or certain foods, but I find out they bought it for everybody except me. I've talked to my husband about it and he's used excuses like "it's just the white culture" "it's just how they are" "they don't mean anything by it" "we didn't jnow you wanted anything". Example: I'm pregnant and wanted a chocolate dessert and kept mentioning getting some, they went out and brought back dessert for everyone except me, my husband was with them. I was so hurt. My family treats my husband like a son, whatever they get me they get him, they talk to him, include him in plans, etc.....I don't believe its"white culture" because I have "white" friends with very kind and generous family. Should I let it go as it's just how they are? I rarely see them as is, but it's difficult when we see them because I'm always left out of everything. Ive literally had to hold back tears during a meal before with them because it was so awful.