Am I wrong about the kids food?

Julie

Husband should respect and support.

I try very hard to feed my 2 year old and 8 month old healthy. We live in the south so we love our rich greasy foods and is what most of us grew up on to SOME degree. It is extremely important to me to feed my children fresh fruit, either a fresh or frozen vegetable, a protein, and a little bit of carbs and dairy at every meal. My side of the family has long history of diabetes and heart disease. My husband family line has diabetes,heart disease, and pancreatitis issues. I am obese slightly as well and so is my husband but I have lost 60lbs recently. Every night my husband has either a bowl of ice cream, klondike bar, cookies, or something else of the sorts and he thinks it's ok to feed this to our 2 year old as well. I have stressed numerous times how concerned I am for our daughters and have asked repeatedly for him to eat it in another room or not to give them anything like that. He gets almost furious over this and says I need to lighten up and let them be kids. I feel like once in a while is ok but not every single day. Do you all feed your kids this stuff daily? Am I being too strict like he tells me I am?

Vote below to see results!