Why do I feel embarrassed of my boyfriend

Jasmin • Hey I`m Jasmin and I`m from Georgia

Ok so I’ve been interracially dating this guy for about 6 months (he’s white im black) he treats me well takes good care of me tells me everyday how much he loves me and how beautiful I am, basically makes sure I’m happy at all times. However when we are with each other alone or in public I feel fine but when we are around my family I get a little nervous and feel like he doesn’t fit in with my family, sometimes he does and says things and everybody is like what??? And he is just laughing by his self it’s awkward. Also he hangs around a lot of black people so he says stuff that other black people would be stand off ish about unless you were his friend and let it slide but my family is completely different. Sometimes I feel like dating inside my race would be better because I feel like my family would be more comfortable with that but then again my brother in law is white and everybody accepts him but he isn’t awkward like my boyfriend. Any advice on what I should or am I just being crazy. I mean I really like him I’ve never been treated the way he treats me before. 😬🤦🏽‍♀️