troubling thoughts..

my god where do I start? so I am currently in a relationship where I truly love him. he is amazing and sweet. we are both on our last year of high school and just trying to be okay. But lately he just hasn't tried as much anymore. sure I get it the honey moon phase is gone and all. But it's almost 3yrs and we've known each other for 6yrs now. he still says he loves me and all and I'm happy with him in some ways I guess. in the other hand here's the issue, I met this other guy at my job. he is very nice and charming but there is a bit of an age difference. he is very respectful and has been since I met him. Nothing has happened but on our last interaction we were alone and he confessed that he really liked me. he always says how beautiful I am and shit. he leaned in for a kiss and i rejected it because of my boyfriend.. I am so confused as what in the hell I'm feeling. I kinda miss my friend but I dearly love my boyfriend and lately I've been so upset that he hasn't been trying. my friend was just so respectful after finding out I wasn't available and all but he seem so heart broken and i cant stop thinking about him in a way. But I love my boyfriend and i am just so confused. is this normal? has this happened to any of yall?