would you be mad with this birthday gift?

Would you be made if someone got you something that you couldn’t use for two months and that was 6 hours away? I finally saved up enough money to send my boyfriend on a mini hunting trip with one person. (Two nights out and one day hunting). He makes really good money and I work part time. The hunting ticket is $175 per person. Plus hunting license $100/two people. Air BnB/hotel haven’t decided yet. Gun rentals. Gas. And food/drinks. It’s a lot but he deserves it so much! But his birthday is in August and you can’t hunt up here until October.

He said he didn’t want to do anything for his birthday (like a party or anything). I figured this might give him enough time to look forward to it. I just want to show him how much I love and appreciate him because i am sometimes a pain in the butt (attitude every now and then that I’m trying to change but that creates little tiffs on my side) and he puts up with me and loves me anyway. I am working on getting better though (I was in an abusive relationship so a lot of things that are normal aren’t to me and I get confused).

But would you be upset that it’s so far away because you’d want something now? Or would it give you anticipation for something.