no sex now?

my boyfriend and i had a pregnancy scare (i saw scare mainly because were 19 so we’re young and yes we’d be able to manage having a baby but we want to do it all right get married in the future then start a family) i went so far 7 weeks no period now that’s never happened to me before so we worried my periods always been exactly on time oddly enough but we took a test it came back negative so i had a check up with my obgyn to see what could cause this long of a delay because i know there could be so many reasons long story short we found out i just have ovarian cysts causing this but now he’s afraid to have sex he thinks i’ll end up pregnant like it’s a sign and he’s said that to me but i’m still a human id still like to have sex every once in a while and we’ve now gone 7 weeks with no sex... every time i try to start something or say something he just tells me that it’s not a good idea and i love him so freaking much😞😑😳😐so many odd emotions rn

UPDATE

sorry guys forgot to mention we do use condoms and i’ve been on birth control since i was 15 because i’ve had ovarian cysts since i was that young and birth control helps with the cysts but they’ve just never caused me to go this long without a period