I need someone’s help

Just as general info about me I’m 22 and never had a boyfriend. And this guy I’m about to talk about was a little older than me but I’ve not got an issue with age difference.

I just need someone to talk to right now and hope you don’t mind.

For the last 10 months now I’ve been talking to this guy online every single day (he’s in America and I’m in the UK) and we knew that we could never be together properly but we did like each other and did talk in a sexual way with each other. And hoped to meet later this year. He’s been away for the past week travelling and just visiting friends and family. But a week ago today he stopped messaging me even though we were in mid conversation and I was so confused. But he got back to me today and said that one of his friends that he met up with was a girl and they decided that they wanted to take their friendship further and make it boyfriend/girlfriend. So this basically means that we can’t be the way we were (as in liking each other and the way we talk) and we can only be friends. It all just came so out of the blue and I feel absolutely horrendous right now. Like I can’t stop crying. And I know everyone goes through this but that doesn’t make me feel any less crappier.

And so while I don’t particularly wanna talk about this situation, I just want someone to talk to and be a friend. Thank you.