My sedated surgical abortion for my health

Let me start from the beginning, I was diagnosed with a brain disease in February this year and I had to be removed from all contraception as it makes the symptoms ridiculous. So we just used condoms. Along came may and we went for a mini break and took condoms, little did we know the sell by date was incorrect and ended up splitting however none seemed to have gone inside. “Seemed” unfortunately it must have and it was a real mistake. I found out I was pregnant late June and sought after an abortion as I am strictly not to get pregnant as it poses a huge health risk not only for me but a foetus. I was so scared as I had a molar pregnancy last year and I bled a lot. However i had a some what good experience in regards to the circumstances. I arrived at 7:30am I was seen and was given pessaries to open the cervix (uncomfortable but nothing no one could handle) they gave me a pessary for pain relief and some paracetamol. At first I was going for general anaesthetic but I asked for sedation instead. The anaesthetist gave me the all clear and we went down to theatre. That was the scariest part being in that environment. I had a cannula put in my arm (I have awkward veins) and then I was given a drip and the doctor inserted a device to open the cervix (also uncomfortable) to look inside and that’s the last thing I remember as I was given sedation. They gave me a local anaesthetic injection into the cervix including anaesthetic gel. I didn’t feel a thing, i just remember someone saying okay that bits done now I’ll put the coil in and coil all done. I woke up on the observation ward and back to my other ward. They were all extremely helpful and understanding so I would definitely say sedation is a good option if you were worried about general anaesthetic. I have a 2 year old little girl who I’m going to invest all my time in now and my copper coil now lasts for 10 years. I thought I would share a positive experience as I know a lot of this is negative.