Name issues

Sondra

From day one when we found out we were pregnant I have loved the name Nora for a girl. Actually, ever since I saw the episode of How I Met Your Mother with the British lady named Nora that Barney dated, I’ve always loved it. We don’t know what the gender is yet, but will be finding out soon.

Now, jump forward to last night when we were talking to my husband‘s parents. We have no intention on telling anyone the names we like or eventually the name we choose until the baby is actually born. They were spitting out names that they liked as suggestions when out of nowhere his mom says that the name Nora is his sister’s choice for a baby’s name if they ever end up having a girl (currently two boys). Apparently, it’s a great grandma‘s name. My husband had forgot that it was a family name, so now he likes it even more. But now we are worried about causing a potential rift if the baby does end up being a girl and we name her Nora. Part of me cares, but the other part of me feels like I shouldn’t have to change the name that I have loved from the beginning just because I now found out a new piece of news.

Thoughts? And, I realize it’s still early and I could be sick of the name in a couple months and want to change it. But as of right now this is my number one choice, I’ve even had dreams about a little baby girl named Nora and I can’t imagine, as of right now, not using that name.

Vote below to see results!