Help I think I ruined my supply by pumping!

Rachel • 1st time mommy August 2018

I’ll start by saying my little one is about a week old and I have been pumping after every feeding since he was born and then stopped a few days ago. Per drs instructions that I didn’t need to as much. Milk was abundant and I was regularly dripping milk.

Yesterday evening I realized the supply in our frig was running low ( we have been supplementing to help our little one gain weight. He was early. So I thought oh I’ll just do a quick 30 minute pump sesh after he nurses, no big deal. Well flash forward to right after I pump which basically drained both breast....no longer hard at all like usual and little one wakes up hungry.

I try to nurse him and you can tell he’s not getting anything so I give him a bottle.

A few hours later he wakes up again he gets a little more and then has to have another bottle to fill him up. What can I do!!??? I’m freaking out that I may have ruined any chances at continuing to breastfeed because I stupidly wanted to start stocking up before I have to go back to work.