Tips for Getting my milk back?

Alicia

I had to be induced a little early for high BP. I gave birth to my daughter on Saturday (8/4/18). Unfortunately, my colostrum hadn’t even come in yet. I started using the in-house pump the hospital provided and was starting to get a few droplets at a time by the time I was discharged on Monday (8/6). I ordered a pump through my insurance while in the hospital, but it won’t be delivered until likely Friday (8/10). The manual hand pump the hospital gave me to use at home SUCKS. Or more accurately, it doesn’t. The suction on it is so light I can barely feel it at all. I’ve been using it every 2-3 hours for 15-20 minutes like I was told to, but I’ve stopped producing even droplets. There’s nothing now, not even a little dampness. If I start using the electric one I’m getting through my insurance Friday, will I start producing again? I really don’t want to formula-feed if I don’t have to (nothing against women who do; I just don’t want to pay for formula if I can avoid it), and I’m really worried this crappy manual pump has screwed up my chances of breastfeeding.