Lazy selfish Daddy...

Is anyone else's SO just such a lazy selfish Dad? This morning I asked him to watch her for a few minutes so I could brush my teeth and go to the bathroom. I knew she was hungry but I thought maybe he could keep her entertained for a few minutes. When I asked him to take her he layed down thinking she was just going to happily chill on his chest so I told him she was hungry and he was going to have to sit up. He got mad that he couldn't lay down. Then as I as going to the washroom I could hear her screaming so I came out and said you can't get up and walk around with her and try to an her down? He pretended that he did (if he did he only did it for a few seconds) and proceeded to tell me to shut the fuck up and that babies cry and she has to learn that people aren't going to come running to her when she cries otherwise she's going to become clingy. I might understand his logic if she wasn't almost 7 WEEKS OLD!  She's not old enough to earn these lessons. She should feel safe with both of us and know that we are there for her. He'll go for a run or workout or swim or bike but when he's here he can't stand up with her for two minutes. Anyone else in the same or similar situation?