Seriously Frustrated With Pumping

Alicia

Alright, so, when I gave birth to my daughter on 8/4/18 (by induced labor) I literally had no milk or colostrum come in yet. While in the hospital, using their pump I had started to get some moisture on the inside of the flanges, but nothing measurable. I was sent home with a shitty hand pump that even a visiting nurse told me was basically not worth my time, and while I was using it until my electric breast pump came, my milk dried up completely. I finally (after dealing with an ordering error and delayed shipping) got the electric pump almost two weeks after my daughter was born.

So now, for the last 5 days I’ve been using the electric pump every 2-3 hours for 20-30 minutes. Maybe the first time I pump for the day I’ll get about 4-5ml of milk. The rest of the day I get literally 1-2 ml. That’s for both breasts. Is this normal, to get that little? What can I do to increase supply? Seriously getting frustrated because I can’t afford almost $40 freaking dollars a week for formula (which is only going to go up as she gets older).