Had a ❤️ to ❤️ with my husband about labor

Florence

I gave birth on 8/21 and today my husband and I were randomly talking about labor and how it all went down.

When baby was born (this is our 3rd) my husband cried. A lot. With the other two, he definitely had a few happy tears - but this time around he was almost sobbing. I thought it was so touching that he was excited about our baby girl.

Talking today, he told me the real reason he was crying was because he was so grateful I made it through. This labor definitely was more taxing than the others and I reached a moment where I felt completely hopeless from all the pain - all I could do during each contraction was focus on him and think of how much I love him and our kids. He said he could tell the pain was different this time around and all he thought of immediately were the worst-case scenarios, and how he couldn’t envision life without me.

He said he prayed that there would be some moment of enlightenment where the pain could be relieved, that I would still be safe, and that there would be an end in sight. Minutes after that, I got the impression to just give in and request Fentanyl. After 10 minutes of Fentanyl and being checked, I was at 5cm. 8 mins later, baby was born and it was all over.

To say I’m grateful for my husband is an understatement, but I’m even more grateful for his faith and the love he has. Babies are precious and great gifts - and to have someone by my side feel and understand what I as a woman have to endure to birth that baby is priceless to me. ❤️