Coincidence or nah?

So my in-laws had 7 dogs when my husband and I got married 3 years ago. In the past year they have lost 3. A 14 year old miniature poodle- cancer. A 10 year old Austrailian shepherd mix- cancer. And today they lost my husbands german shepherd who would have been 5 next month due to cancer. (Not sure about what types the other two had but the GSD had lymphoma and her lymph nodes were swollen the size of tennis balls). They have another German shepherd who is severely overweight and is not in the best health (has trouble getting up and down most likely arthritis or hip/elbow dysplasia) a pit mix that has a tumor on her face a Pomeranian mix that is 3, but also overweight and maltiepoo that only has one eye (attacked by the pitbull over bacon) and she is not doing well either plus being overweight.

Anyways do you think this could all be a coincidence or do you think the food she feeds (moist and meaty Purina we've told her how awful that stuff is and pedigree canned dog food) or something else environmental could be causing it?