College isn’t what I thought it would be

Taylor

It’s 2 am and I’m ugly crying.

I don’t know, I guess I always thought that I would be going to a big university and live in a dorm and have a great college experience, but I’m one week into community college as a pre-nursing major and I’m already considering dropping out. The work load is already beyond what I imagined, and I may or may not have cried every single day this week. I knew what I was getting into because of the major I chose, but wowza I didn’t realize it was this intense. I got accepted into a couple big universities, however I felt like I needed the stepping stone of community college before taking that really big leap.

I feel like I’m missing out so much by starting off at a community college, everyone seems a lot older than me so I’m hard time finding people that I can relate to. I see so many people I went to high school with on snapchat, posting pictures of their cute dorms and loving their classes and meeting new people and going to parties and I’m not getting to experience any of that. I just feel like I’m missing out on so much, even though in the end it was my decision. I wouldn’t say I regret starting off at a community college, however I definitely wish I felt more like a college student. I know I need to stop throwing a pity party for myself, but I’m just feeling so down and needed to let all my feelings out. What should I do? I feel like it’s too late to transfer to a university until next fall, but I’m not sure how long I can take feeling like this.