32+3 waters broken

Lauren

So at 11:30pm last night I sneezed and thought I had peed myself 🙈 only to then realise that I had not and that my waters had broken.

I headed into triage where they confirmed that my waters had gone but that currently I was not yet in labour. They arranged for me to have steroid injections to help develop my little ones lungs and antibiotics to prevent any infection and told me that if I was going to go into labour it would most likely be within the next 48 hours.

After having paracetamol and codeine at 4:50am I tried to get some sleep but didn’t really get much 😂 by 6:30am I was having what I though we’re just tightenings, until they started coming every 3 minutes and lasting 1 minute each time.

I informed the midwife and asked if I could have a second codeine tablet (which the previous midwife said I could do if need) to which I was told she would have to check with the doctors before giving me any more pain relief, but said there were no doctors on the ward at that time and didn’t know what time they would be doing their rounds.

I was then left in pain for what seemed like forever until I reached the point where I was physically sick because of the pain. My partner informed the midwife and suddenly a doctor became available to examine me! Only to tell me I was now in fact actually in labour, was 5cm dilated and that my cervix was paper thin.

My beautiful princess was then born at 1:47pm this afternoon weighing 4lbs 12 1/2oz at just 33+4 weeks!! Using only gas and air as pain relief!

I am so in love 😍