Just wondering.. do you have a curfew at 19 years old?

Casey

So I’m 19 and I have a curfew (I think it’s ridiculous). I know some of you might be thinking it’s for the best, but I don’t think so in this case. I’m responsible (I work not one, but TWO jobs AND I go to college FULL-TIME). I do drive and have been driving since I was 15. I have a boyfriend who lives nearly half an hour from me, but one of us makes the drive whenever we have enough time. He also goes to school full-time and plays in the drum line at a University. He’s 21 and doesn’t have a curfew. I live with my dad and my sister who will be 18 next week so it’s not like I’m setting a bad example for a child or anything. Long story short, my parents aren’t together, but my mother still “lives” in the house (she is only here about a third of the time, the rest of the time nobody knows where she’s at, probably her boyfriend’s house. She also left for about a year when I was 17 because “she was under a lot of stress” and I essentially became the mom and took care of my sister who was 15 or 16 at the time.) ANYWAY, my dad doesn’t care when I come home as long as he knows where I’m at, who I’m with, and that I’m safe. However, my mother still treats me like a child and will wake my dad up in the middle of the night if I’m not home to tell him that he needs to tell me to come home (because she knows that I won’t listen to her because she has lost my respect over the last few years). So this has resulted in me having a curfew because my dad is sick of being woken up at 1 or 2 in the morning when he has to get up at 4:30 to go to work.

Vote below to see results!