All natural at home water birth. 11lb baby boy!

Nicole

This is my third child. My first two were girls weighing in at 7.9 & 8.5. That was 10 and 8 years ago. Now I’m 41 and just had an 11lb baby boy all natural in a pool on my deck. It was not easy but I feel super blessed (that I didn’t know his weight before I started pushing) and that everyone is super healthy. I had a doctor attend my birth and that helped me feel confident encase there were any complications, thank God there were none. He was harder then my second who came out in two pushes and maybe (yes he was) harder then my first. I had bloody show at 4:45am August 19th and very mild contractions until around 2:00. I said to my family let’s go out to dinner. 😂 I was serious 😂. Then at 3:00 I said. “ I don’t think we are going to dinner”. Contractions got stronger and I called the doctor at 3:50. He was at my house by 5 and I was in the pool by 5:30. Very strong contractions but the urge to push was not coming like it had with my other two. My second Child I thought we were just getting stared and she came out in two pushes. When I finally decided to start pushing it didn’t feel like he was moving. Push after push I felt like I wasn’t getting anywhere. The. FINALLY the ring of fire! I knew I would be holding my baby boy on the other side if I just pushed through the burn. So I did! I gave it all I had. And then I was holding him in my arms! 11 lbs of baby was not easy but I would do it all again! 💝