Breakup đź’”

So about 3 weeks ago my boyfriend of almost 2 years broke up with me to try and “figure things out”. For about a week he was leading me on telling me we would go to homecoming together at the end of October and that he would ask me out again soon. I was letting him hold me on by a thread even though I heard continuous rumors about him and another girl, but I chose to let it go. Around 2 weeks ago he told me that he was completely done with the relationship and he didn’t want to be with me anymore. I was completely heartbroken, but we agreed to continue on as just friends. He’s been really bitchy to me lately, which is making it easier on me to let go and forget about the whole situation, yet not enough to completely move on. I’ve been talking to this one guy a little bit, and I told him that I wasn’t ready for a relationship yet, but I’ll let him know when I was. We’ve gone on 2 dates, both were so amazing. He’s very sweet and respectful, much more than my ex. But I just don’t want to jump into a relationship when I’m still a little hung over my ex considering it’s only been 3 weeks. The guy I’m talking to is very respectful of my decision and has agreed to wait patiently for me to get over my ex. Does anyone have any advice on how to get over an ex? I’m not trying to rush into the relationship and I won’t for a while, but I’m tired of always thinking about my ex and getting sad if that makes sense.