idk what to do...

My mom and my husband got into some kind of arguement. So my mom has a bad marriage with my dad. She also has anxiety and depression and she has her moments but shes a great person. I love my mamaa! But the other day she start provokig my husband about his past. Asking him why he end up breaking up with his ex and why didnot finish college. Thats just none if her business. She hold the past against my husband. We end up breaking up before and got back together and yeah he cheated on me but we were long distance and i forgave him because he didnt lie to me he told me what happened. I respect that. I didnt make it easy for him but we both moved on from it like adults, and now we are married. My mom holds a million things against him from our past and the other day they got into an arguement. Its bothering me that they dont talk anymore, my husband blew up because she constantly does it and he couldnt just not saying something anymore. So i didnt get mad at him for talking back to my mom. My mom is now pissed at me for thinking that shes wrong, she thinks she didnt say anything wrong but she said a lot of hurt ful stuff and so did my husband. He didnt mention he wont have a marriage like her and my dad did. Am i wrong for defending my husband ? Has anyone ever had a situation like this before ?