Scared

My dad told me yesterday he is having gallbladder surgery today. Upon hearing this, I was surprised but also not too worried because gallbladder surgeries are routine and end with a good outcome usually.

He then proceeded to tell me about all the other issues going on with him with rapidity over the last 4-6 weeks. I had just come back from a home visit in early August and recall my father talking about severe pain in his back at night.

It doesn't help that I work in healthcare at a top US hospital and am exposed to a range of illnesses and issues. So of course all of his symptoms point me to the worst possible outcome and I am absolutely worried as to what they will find after his surgery today. They will be doing a liver biopsy. He has never had the typical gallbladder symptoms and now his night pain has turned to constant body pain. His voice is hoarse. The X-ray shows a spot on his lung, but his doctors say it's pneumonia. He has had that for a few weeks now. I just don't understand.

I pray this surgery cures all his body pain, I pray that the gallbladder issue is the cause. It's an outpatient surgery so at least he can go home afterwards reducing any risks of infection.

I am 28 weeks pregnant tomorrow. I live 3000 miles away. I just want to be there with him. If this all blows up I may just move back home and carry on with pregnancy there.