Still heartbroken and don’t know what to do

Liked this guy for months, actually fell in love with him. So we met about this time last year and we didn’t talk properly till about February. From feb to April we talked non stop and we flirted quite a bit. I realized I really really liked him and was liking him more everyday. I told my friend who is good friends with him and she asked him what he thought about me. He replied saying ‘she’s 😍😍’ and me being stupid and getting my hopes up I presumed this ment he liked me and all so it was rhe best day of my life. I wanted to get with him so my friend asked if he would like to like kiss me and all cause idek we do that around here I know this all sounds so childish haha but anyways he said he would but I had a problem. My best friend of 8 years actually really liked this same guy. She had liked him longer than me and I wasn’t aware of this until the night they kissed. I was so heartbroken because of course it’s never nice hearing ur best friend kissed ur crush - who u thought liked u back. I didn’t speak to him for weeks and we eventually got round it and he apologized but that was that and there was no more talk of it. Things were just different for ages then and I was being so dry cause I was still a bit heartbroken. By now I’m starting to develop feelings for him again and I don’t know if I should get with him because I’m actuallt not completely sure if I like him. He probably dosent like me anyways. Thank u for taking ur time to read this u are really special lol xx